Friday, October 1, 2010

Just around the corner.......


As the winter of 2010-2011 quickly approaches, it is time to take a look at what to expect this coming season. Long range computer models continue to vary from one another, but with a moderate to strong La Nina expected to take place during the winter, above average precipitation is probable for the Great Lakes, and the Northwest U.S. Across the Southern U.S., a warmer and drier winter season is in store. Considering El Nino dumped heavy amounts of rain and snow in this region last year, with a La Nina pattern, the exact opposite is what normally
takes place.
While the Eastern Seaboard saw record setting snow last year, this season will certainly be different. I still see above average precipitation for areas like Baltimore, D.C., Philadelphia, New York, and Hartford to name a few. While I could go on and on about different regions, I figured this illustration will help summarize what I mean.

For those of you who have signed up for my weather service this winter, I will be sending you a more personalized winter outlook for your specific area within the next two weeks.








No comments:

Post a Comment